Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Winter Solstice!!!

Just a quick post to wish everyone a very Happy Winter Solstice (one of my favorite days of the year).

The seasonal significance of the winter solstice is in the reversal of the gradual lengthening of nights and shortening of days. Depending on the shift of the calendar, the winter solstice occurs on December 21 or 22 each year in the Northern Hemisphere,  Worldwide, interpretation of the event has varied from culture to culture, but most cultures have held a recognition of rebirth, involving holidays, festivals, gatherings, rituals or other celebrations around that time. (from Wikipedia)

So I have managed to get a few more cards made.  This one is very simple and I will post the details later.

Ok here are the details being posted Jan 5/11 because I forgot about it LOL.  The stamp is from the lovely as a tree set by Stampin' Up. I used petite scalloped ovals and petite ovals from spellbinders.  The image was stamped with peeled paint distress ink and I used glue pen to add glitter to trees.  You can't really see the glitter in the picture.  The embossing folder is candy cane stripes by cuttlebug.

I will post more later.  Have a great Winter Solstice everyone.
Dee

No comments: