Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.  I found this Irish blessing that I think is beautiful

An Old Irish Blessing

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!


I have been so busy this week that I haven't had time to do any crafting.  I realized last night that I had not made any cards for St. Patrick's day.  I decided even though I don't send them to anyone that I should make at least one.  This one is a very quick and simple card.  The stamps are from a small Studio G stamp set I got last March.  The shamrock originally had a circle frame around it that says Kiss Me I'm Irish.  I wanted just the shamrock so I cut it apart.  I left the circle frame intact so I could use them together again if I wanted to.  I used memento bamboo leaves ink to stamp out the design on white card stock.  The hat is cut out on the circut using Child's Year cartridge and is popped up using 3d dots. I colored the rhinestones with copic marker G99 Olive and the green card stock is bazzill rain forest.
I have another card started that I'm hoping to get finished today.  I'm off to my studio now to work on some cards.  I think at the rate I'm getting things done I should get started on my Easter cards.  At least I already have some designed for classes that I can make more of.  I usually try to design something different for my family though. 

Well I guess that is all for today, thanks for stopping by.
Dee

No comments: