Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Card CASE

I found time to get in my craft room last night but I was hit with a bad case of creator's block.  I just couldn't think of a thing to make.  Whenever that happens I go through websites I like and find a card to CASE.  I usually put them in an inspiration file and then use them when I hit a block.  I didn't have a lot of time to work last night so I found a quick and easy birthday card to make.  I found the original card on splitcoaststampers but hers is way neater than mine.

The reason I did this one was because I had the embossing folder and lots of black and white paper LOL.  Mine is a few layers and I don't really use many flowers on my cards (I really should because I have a whole drawer full of them).  I embossed the white paper and inked over it with a black versa magic ink pad (which is why it is kind of messy) so I decided to ink edges of every thing and go for the distressed look.  It also factored into my patterned paper decision, a distressed look black and white paper by My Mind's Eye.  Instead of the flower I used some black rhinestones by kaiser craft to add a little more embellishment.
OK well that's it for me tonight, I have to work tomorrow and teach a class on Monday so I hope to be back with a new post on Tuesday.   Until then have a great week everyone.
Dee

No comments: