Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!!!

That means an extra day to stamp and colour. I kind of do things backwards when I'm colouring images for cards.  I know I really should pick out what patterned paper I am going to use first and then colour the image to match the paper.  I am a colour first pick paper later kind of person.  I have tons of patterned paper and I figure I'm bound to find something that coordinates with my picture.  If all else fails I stamp a pattern on plain card stock to make it work.  The only problem with this process is it can be time consuming to go through all my patterned paper until I find something that works. Anyway,  my wonderful hubby bought me some new stamps for an anniversary present last week.  One of them is this fabulous row boat stamp by Impression Obsession.  I love this stamp and couldn't wait to use it.
I really lucked out with this card though, it only took me a couple of minutes to find this striped paper from the Bo Bunny Welcome Home paper pad and it worked perfectly (at least I think it does) with the image I had already coloured.  I coloured the image with copic markers and I even remembered to write down the colours this time.  Water - B000, 00, 01, G000 Sky - BG0000 Clouds - N0, 1, 3 Lighthouse - N0, 1, 3, 5, R89, Y15 Sail boat - B91, 93 Row Boat - E41, 42, 43, 44 Post E40, 42, 44, 49 Grass - YG91, 93, 95.  I also used the same greys for rocks and bucket with a little bit of B00 for water in bucket.  I added a little bit of white gel pen to the water near the shore line and some clear glaze pen to top part of lighthouse and the water in the bucket.  I didn't have quite the right colour of ribbon so I coloured a beige one with an E77 copic marker.

Well that's it for now I have to get back to work.  Have a great day everyone and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Dee

1 comment:

Ann Marie Governale said...

Hi-
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am now your newest follower. Very lovely blog. I look forward to sharing our creativity!