Friday, March 16, 2012

Cute As A Button!

I so very rarely make baby cards but I decided to make a couple this week.  We have a few friends who are expecting this year so I wanted to have a couple of go to designs ready.  I also bought some cute paper and dino stamp set last year with baby cards in mind but again, never got around to using it.  I will definitely be making more of these cards.  I also manage to use some of my new Twinery twine on this card.


The dinosaur, leaf and star stamp are all from a mini stamp set by Hot Off The Press.  I'm sorry I don't know the exact name of the set.  I stamped the dino on Gina K base weight card stock with black memento ink  and colored him with copics (YR21, 23, 24, 31, 14 & E21, 25, 29)  I stamped the leaves and stars with memento pear tart and summer sky (I also added a few of the stars to the patterned paper to tie things together a bit more).  The patterned paper by Little Yellow Bicycle from the Babysaurus line.  I used a random button that matched my color scheme nicely and honeydew twinery twine.  The greeting piece and green mat were cut out using spellbinders large and small labels and popped up with 3d dots. I edged the patterned paper and white paper with versa magic persimmon and stamped the greeting with black memento ink.  The greeting is from one of those 1.50 clear stamp sets from M's.

The angle I took this picture at makes Kit look really funny but oh well.  As you can see she has her but firmly planted on this dino card in progress I am just getting ready to cut out the greeting area with the spellbinders you can see in the photo.  She loves to help me out when I'm working LOL.

Well I guess that's it for tonight, I'll be back tomorrow night with another baby card. Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!!

Dee

No comments: