Friday, June 8, 2012

Got Cake?

I really wish I had some right now LOL.  This is the card I made on Sunday for my Father-in-law's birthday, he has a great sense of humor and loves cake.  We had  a great birthday dinner on Sunday with lots of cake!!!!  I was going to post this a few days ago but, I haven't had time until now.  I may be back with another post tonight but if not I will definitely have one for tomorrow.
For this card I pulled out an old set of stamps from inkadinkado called humorous birthday.  The happy happy birthday greeting is from the Amy R "It's your birthday" set by CC Designs (love this stamp set!!!).  I stamped the image with black memento ink and stamped the greeting with walnut stain distress ink.  I colored the image with copics (E21, E25, E27, B01 & R17) and I used a little bit of diamond stickles on the cupcake as well.  I edged all the papers with jumbo java versa magic chalk ink and added a few gold brads for a little more detail. The patterned paper if from the fancy pants "It's Your Day" collection.  

That's it for now but I hope to have another post before the day is out.  I have to go check out some of the challenges on my favorite sites.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Dee

No comments: