Friday, June 15, 2012

Man of the House

It has been a long, crazy, busy week and I really haven't had a lot of time to spend crafting, so I decided to use the cricut mini to make some Father's Day cards.  They even had a few cards that were free to use this week.  This "man of the house" cuts out as a full card but I decided to cut the front panel off and use it as a card front.  I cut out about 4 of these cards using a dark brown and kraft card stock
I used a piece of card stock the same color as the mat color to put behind the brown cut out panel.  I embossed that piece using the Tim Holtz woodgrain folder and then sponged some vintage photo and walnut stain distress ink on the raised parts.  I used a couple of copper brads to add a little detail to the card front and then decided it would need a little more detail.   Since I had cut out a few of these cards I decided to use the tools that were left over to add the extra details.  I took the saw that I cut out of the kraft card stock and colored the blade with copic W8 and then cut the handle off of the one I cut out in brown and glued them together.  I then rubbed some metallic silver pigment ink over the blade part to make it look like an old worn saw and I used a little bit of copper ink on the handle.  I then decided to do the same thing with the hammer and added them to the card front with glue dots.

I think you could definitely use this card for a few different occasions but this one will be for a Father's Day card.  I may have to cut out a few more of these to use later.  I think I might have to go look for some tool dies as well, these ones were so fun to make.

While I have the time, I am going to sneak back in my craft room for a few more hours tonight.  I will be back tomorrow night with another post.  Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Dee

No comments: