Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Time to get started...

on the Christmas cards.  I had planned to spend a lot more time in my craft room over the last few weeks but, I ended up too busy to do so.  I really need to buckle down now though for Christmas.  Lots of cards need to be made over the next few weeks and I decided I better get started.  I decided to look up some challenges to see if anything would give me some ideas.  Over at Kenny K the challenge right now is Pumps & Pearls (and I happen to have some very cute Kenny K Christmas stamps) and over at Simon Says the challenge this week is "Anything Goes".  Perfect!!! One card ... two challenges!

So here is what I came up with tonight.  It is quite simple but a lot of work went into coloring the image (Mistletoe by Kenny K).  I am quite happy with how she turned out.  I stamped her with memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her with copic markers (E0000, 000, 00, 01, 02, 21, 23, 25 - R22, 24, 26 43, 46 - B28, BG0000, 01, 10, 93, 96 - N1, 3, 5, & 7) I also added some Gold spica to her belt buck and boot buckles.  To add a little something to the fur trim of her outfit I colored some of it with a clear stardust glitter pen.  It looks a little weird in the pictures but really pretty in person.  I chose a patterned paper from the Bo Bunny rejoice collection and added pearls to the centers of some of the snowflakes.  I stamped the greeting (stampin' up) with lady bug memento ink and edged that and the picture with red magic chalk ink.  The greeting is popped up with pop dots.

 Here is a picture of Kit helping me pick out  the papers for this project.  Her eyes look really dark because of the lighting in my studio.  Normally they are a really pretty blue!  What a mess I make when I'm working!!!
  I guess since it is quite late and I have to work in the morning I should wrap this up!  Have a great week all and thanks for stopping by!  Until next time, Happy Crafting Everyone!
Dee

1 comment:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dee :-) the image is lovely and I love the red snowflake paper ! fabulous ! :-)

lovely photo of your kitty too, she is beautiful ! ,,, love your desk too, very well organised,,, unlike mine ,,, :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x